ACROyoga Immersion Weekend with AcroLoonies!
*** Online tickets closed, you can still come today (Sunday) and pay cash :)
ACROyoga Immersion with AcroLoonies under the dome!
Sat, Feb 11 @ 3-4:30pm (snack break) 5-6:30pm
Sun, Feb 12 @ 3-4:30pm (snack break) 5-6:30pm
Michael Ken is an Acroyoga addict and life enthusiast who teaches acro workshops all over, and for Feb 11-12 weekend he’ll be in KL!
Flowing under the alias @Acroloonies (FB/IG) and hashtag #acrolah, he’s best known for teaching the coveted acroyoga pose/flow appropriately dubbed “washing machine.” Michael will safely work us to this pose and many many others, breaking them down to make it safely accessible for anyone, new or experienced. Get ready to, fly, base, and spot! No prior acro or yoga experience necessary, no need to come with a partner.
Fun, flexibility, strength, balance, communication, trust.... find all that in yourself and in others.
For Michael, acroyoga is more than fitness, more than breaking a sweat, more than yoga, more than acrobatics. It’s a way to make the most of this world as a playground. It’s a way to have fun, to laugh, to try, to communicate, to receive kindness, to trust our playmates, to commit to supporting them. In a huge, stunning open air dome under the sky with the breeze, what better playground than here? (And imagine the pictures!)Michael’s style is Flow - “I don’t see acroyoga as pose 1, then pose 2. I see the middle, the 1.5. Because if you can stop between 2 poses to maintain control, then any acro pose will be within grasp.”
Day 1 - Breaking Down AcroYoga, Drills to Get a Solid Foundation:
- Acroyoga explained
- Yoga warmup
- Group stretching + support exercises
- Partner calibration drills
- Acroyoga related partner workouts
- Body tightness drill
- Intro acroyoga poses
- Dynamic acroyoga drills, group drills
- Bone stacking methods
- Weight coordination
- Acroyoga flow
Day 2 - Finding Flow, Advanced Poses, Washing Machine:
- Acroyoga standard communication codes
- Wrist exercises
- Acroyoga grip, exercises
- Dynamic acroyoga poses
- Flow between poses
- Partner coordination for weight shift
- Washing Machine flow
Come for both days to get the full immersion! However, if you can only jump in on Sunday, Michael will make sure you’re not behind ;)
[Note: *early bird purchased must be purchased by end of Weds, Feb 8, very limited # tix)
*Full 2-day workshop: rm210
*Early bird: rm180* (save 15%)
*1 day only: rm130
* Early bird: rm110* (save 15%)
Discounts for 2 people - save even more if you bring a friend (doesn’t need to be your acro partner):
* Early bird til end of Weds, Feb 8
* no partner required, we have mats (feel free to bring yours)
* showers and lockers provided, please bring towel and toiletries.
* recommended to bring water, towel, extra top as we’ll get sweaty!
* water/soft drinks available for purchase
* we’ll move indoors in case of rain
* no prior acroyoga or yoga experience necessary
* directions further below, video will be posted day before workshops for more clarity :)
I want even more!
* 6:30pm Sunday after Acro, Cynthia (@cynthia_activeyogi) will also be having a sunset yoga class you can join in: https://www.facebook.com/events/1251878654890808/
* Or come earlier/stay after to rock climb, slackline, or enjoy the outdoor pool, Xero Gravity is open noon - 8pm on weekends, 4-10pm weekdays, and pole dance with Sea Ng (@xerogravitystudio) on most weeknights.
- For Uber/Waze, just key in "Xero Gravity Rock Climbing Gym" or "PJX HM Shah Tower", car park available under the dome. Use the same car park elevators to floor 9.
- For LRT - "Taman Jaya" - 1 stop from Universiti (Bangsar South), 4 from Bangsar, 5 from KL Sentral. Once you get off you'll see a building with a dome (in pic). Go down 2 stairs to the street level/A&W, and cross the street
--> When you arrive at PJX building, turn left and go to the first set of elevators for car park, go to floor 9. You can ask guards if needed to get to Xero Gravity rock climbing gym.
- The event description was updated. Diff#225336 2017-02-12 02:40:33
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
3:00 PM - 6:30 PM MYT
- Xero Gravity Rock Climbing Gym
Full Workshop (1person x 2days) SOLD OUT RM210.00 Full Workshop, early bird
SOLD OUT RM180.00 1 Day Only (1p x 1day) SOLD OUT RM130.00 1 Day, early bird
SOLD OUT RM110.00 2ppl Full Workshop
(2p x 2days)
SOLD OUT RM400.00 2ppl Full, early bird
SOLD OUT RM340.00 2ppl, 1 Day Only (2p x 1day) SOLD OUT RM240.00 2ppl, 1 Day Only, early bird
SOLD OUT RM200.00
- Venue Address
- Xero Gravity Rock Climbing Gym, Level 9, PJX HM-SHAH Tower No. 16A Persiaran Barat, Section 52 Petaling Jaya, 46050 Selangor Malaysia
Cynthia Active Yogi282 Followers